1) Today John’s in Paris, studying Mondrian at this Centre Pompidou exhibit. He’s working on a piece for the University of the Arts in Philadelphia based on Mondrian’s Parisian days. The work debuts at UArts’ Merriam Theatre on MARCH 1.
THE REST OF THE MONTH
2) From next week ’till the end of the month, John will be at der Universität Luzern, teaching Lucerniacs the secrets of composition, improvisation, and performing in the streets of Switzerland without the use of a large rubber mask.
WAY LATER, IN A COUPLE MONTHS
3) As the post below describes in deep neon, March 1st John returns to his homeland of New York State to organize the 18 musicians of the John Hollenbeck Large Ensemble into seating arrangements on his 12-person private blimp. They will be meeting onstage at The Standard, once at 730pm, then again at 930pm. The public is encouraged to spectate as the musicians battle for seats on the six-hour flight.
4) All other inquiries about John’s whereabouts are likely answered by the LIVE page.
HAVE YOU SEEN JOHN, MUSICALLY?
5) These words have been brought to you by Sir Jacques, Chronicler of John, to whom JH has ceded control of his online persona. All queries, complaints, kind remarks and general feedback regarding this blog may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
And now, an important message: We’re looking for everyone with photos, videos, audio recordings, watercolors, sketches, blog posts or text messages about seeing John perform live. This material helps us build our database of John Hollenbeck Moments and provides a rare chance to show the world what John looks like from where you’re sitting. Email us at (once more, for emphasis) email@example.com
Please join us again next week for the latest in all things Hollenbeck.